Kilter is a purveyor of luxury leather pleasure products to enable liberated women to confidently pursue authentic intimate experiences. We cannot truly incorporate this within our brand DNA without recognising that the gender equality movement is still being fought and so not every woman is truly liberated.
In many countries across the world, women continue to fight for our safety, healthcare and against gender-based violence among many other inequalities.
It is with this in mind that we must practice what we preach. As a business we are committed to donating 5% of our gross profit to the Global Fund for Women. The value of this donation will be assessed in each six-month financial review, with the view to increase our support once Kilter is financially able to do so.
Who are the Global Fund for Women?
The Global Fund for Women have been supporting the advancement of gender justice movements for over thirty years by distributing funds to grassroots organisations around the globe through means of financial support and donation of resources.
Their support is extended in three key ways:
- Funding gender justice movements
- From #MeToo to ending gender violence in Peru, the Global Fund for Women identifies causes where the power for change is held within the hands of those working on the front line, and distributes financial support for the advancement of their cause
- Crisis and Innovation Grants
- Women and children are disproportionately affected in times of crisis and natural disaster. When these times come, the inequality is amplified. The Global Fund for Women provide short-term grants to address immediate needs such as food, shelter and security as well as multi-year grants to help rebuild communities
- Driving change through advocacy
- Using their voice, the Global Fund for Women speak up when it matters the most to drive attention and disrupt harmful narratives
You can read more about their work on their website.